Appen Review 2018 – Appen Social Media Evaluator Guide
I am back with an work at home earning opportunity , I get many queries regarding social media evaluator jobs and work from home job opportunities for India, Australia, USA and may other countries etc. So in this post I will give information about an online workplace called “Appen” which provides opportunities for us to work online or from home. This is for a particular position called ‘Appen Social media evaluator‘ .
Well, you can work as a social media evaluator in other companies like Lionbridge, Lepaforce etc. Since I have worked on Appen, I am writing this step by step guide which will help you understand about the work nature, how to apply and all the the information you need to know about being a social media evaluator. I have been working for about three months now, I am writing this review as I received payment from them and hence it is proved that they are a legitimate company.
They also provide many work at positions for philippines, Indonesia. New Zealand and many more countries. Some of the profiles include search engine evaluator, Translator, Social media evaluator, Crowdsourcing etc
What does Appen do as a Company?
Well, the above picture is the ‘About us’ page of the company. In simple terms Appen is a company which serves web based/ e-commerce firms to make their data healthier, Especially with the booming influence of social media platforms on consumer habits it becomes necessary to get the Internet marketing strategy right for the brands for which proper analysis of Data is a must. So Appen hires people to do the same, The best part being that all the positions they hire are work at home positions.
It has a simple Apply – Pass – start work policy, It is contract type and the work you get is very stable until your contract ends. The pay is decent and usually paid on hourly basis,The pay also depends on the type of position and the country in which you reside.
How does Appen pays it’s contributors?
Appen recently changed the way it issues payments to it’s contractors. Appen used to pay through direct bank transfer to contractors from most of the countries but now it pays through Payoneer. So, I advice everyone who are planning to apply for any positions at Appen to open an Payoneer account and keep it ready so that you can link it as and when Appen asks for it from you.
Sign up using the button below as you can get $25 when you receive a payment of $1000 from any source. You will not get $25 as soon as you sign up, you get it when you receive funds worth $1000. Even if you may not use it for Appen(if you do not into any project) you can use Payoneer to send and receive payments for majority of services/websites as it is becoming an alternative for Paypal. [To open Payoneer account you will need a bank account and the tax identification number of your respective country]
Note : Please do not sign up if you have no intention to work online because you will not get $25 just for signing up. You will have to receive at least $1000 payment from some source after which the bonus will be credited. That is why if you get into Appen project you will surely get bonus when you are paid by Appen, So I advice you to make the account if you have passed the qualification exam of Appen Social media Evaluator or any other post.
What do I have to do as a Social Media Evaluator?
Now lets come to the main point of this article, What will you be doing and why are you being paid. The work of a social media evaluator will be to evaluate news feeds of different social media platforms and give feedback.
Depending on the company your working through Appen, You may have to work on facebook, twitter, instagram feeds etc. I got hired to evaluate my facebook feeds and rate them. I cannot give more details as it will breach of agreement with Appen. However I can certainly say that the work is super simple, The pay is very much decent. So now I will start the step by step guide, remember applying doesn’t guarantee you a position.
You will get a response from them and whenever a requirement comes up you will get an email inviting you to be a social media evaluator. Then all you have to do is take the qualification test, after passing it you can start earning. The process is very simple and they give all instructions through email communication.
Requirements to be a social media Evaluator
- A decent computer with operating system vista or above.
- A moderate speed internet connection, 2Mbps works fine for me.
- Should be able to spend fixed No.of hrs/ day. For me It is 1hr/day and atleast 5 days per week(so 5 hrs in a week), but for some other places it is 4 hrs/day. All this will be made clear to you before accepting the offer.
- Basic English reading and writing would be sufficient.
- Also basic computer knowledge to troubleshoot ( Again all instructions are given)
Step by step guide to become A social media Evaluator On Appen
The process is very simple, Fist you need to create an Appen account. For which, You can go to this page (for US applicants)and then click on ‘Hot opportunity social media evaluator‘ , it will direct you to a login page, You will have an option for new registrations there. Then you can start the process to apply for this post once you have registered on Appen. It is 8 step process, Simple and easy. Each step is discussed below. After the new update the No.of steps have been reduced, you can accordingly fill it up by referring to the relevant steps below.
For Indians : join through this link
US participants can earn anywhere between 400-1500 $/month depending on the no of hours they are selected to do in a day.
Step 1 : Personal Data
As it can be seen in the picture above, In this step all you have to do is fill in your basic personal and communication data. This includes your Name, Address, Communication details Like Phone, email etc. Also they ask for online reference so that it can be authenticated that you are active on social media platforms. As you can see I have given my Facebook profile link as internet reference, This step is very important as the profile is related to social media. You add other social media platforms like google+,Instagram by clicking on the ‘+’ Sign, Make sure you have tested the link for each of your social media profiles you have submitted. Recheck all the data and proceed to the next step.
Step 2 : Education/ Training
This step you will have to enter courses which you have undergone till date. But I have not given the details here as my complete education details was listed in the resume. If you have anything outside the resume, It is worthy to mention it here. It can be any type of education / training.
Step 3 : Work experience
Here you will have to input any work experience you have prior to this or even if you are working currently. Appen doesn’t have a problem if you work in other places as this is a contract job, unless the work is similar in nature. Which means you cannot work for Appen and Leapforce for the same ‘social media evaluator’ post. I don’t have to enter anything because I am still pursuing my studies and have no work experience.
Step 4 : Qualifications
Here you can include any qualifications, It can be a certification in languages, computer programmes etc. Please don’t think more qualifications/ training you have easier it is to get the position, It doesn’t work that way. Just mention only if you have really done it.
Step 5 : Preferences
This step they ask you if you have any preferences, well I was more than happy to earn money so I din’t have preferences. I left this blank as I was ready to work under any circumstances but If you have anything then you can type in the box provided.
Step 6: Resume/ Attachments
I would say this is the most important step because this gives Appen an idea of what you are, Makes sure you tweak your resume such that matches the social medial evaluator position. Also adding a cover letter would help, convincing them as to how you could be a good social media evaluator. You can also upload any other documents like certifications of training/ qualifications which you have mentioned before. I just attached a resume and a cover letter.
step 7 : Overview and Release
This is the penultimate step, Here you will have agree that your application can be released and can be considered for various profiles on Appen , also agree to their data privacy statement. Basically tick the two boxes as shown in the picture above. Also before proceeding to the next step please check your application form. It will be shown in the same step, scroll down and check if all the details you have given are correct and true. After this you can proceed to the final step.
Step 8 : Complete
You have done all the hard work now, All you have to do is click on ‘complete’ in step 7 and you will receive a message which says ‘ your profile has been released’ . This means that your application has been successfully sent.
What Happens After I submit the Application?
You have done all the work from your side, After the application is sent you may be getting a reply from them stating if there are is vacancy for the post or not. If it is available, you will be again be sent a mail asking if you will be willing to work for the post. If your reply is yes, you will be getting step by step guidance from them as to how proceed and take the qualification and all other necessary details(All guidelines and materials will be given before the qualification so that you can prepare for the same).
So once you have passed the test you may be starting work after two days. The whole process may go up to a week. Don’t get disheartened if there is no vacancy, recently one of friend was told that there was no vacancy after he sent the application but he got a call after a week to join. So just submit the application for social media evaluator and hope for the best.
- Decent pay for the amount of work you do.
- The work is really simple in nature.
- You have the flexibility to work from home and also can choose your own timings, The only requirement is the you should compete certain amount of work as mentioned in your production details.
- The work is very stable for this profile.
- People from any part of the world can apply for this.
- Basic computer and English knowledge is sufficient.
- None, I have been working here for about 3 months now. For me there seems to be no cons, I have read else where that the contract may get terminated anytime. Well, that isn’t much of a con because it is a contract job at the first place.
I have been getting emails saying that the link to apply for Appen which I have provided above no longer works. I researched about this and found that Appen has changed the application process, It is much easier now and I will explain the process step by step. Read on and apply to become a social media evaluator on Appen 2017!
- Account creation : This is the first step, which is to create an Appen account. Click on this link , go to the bottom of the page and then choose the category as ‘Social media evaluator‘ and choose your country as shown in the picture below. After filling the details hit the search button.
NOTE: If you keep the category as ‘All‘ then you can see all the jobs available for your country.
- Appen will search if social media evaluator position is available for your country and will display all the relevant information as shown below. As you can see for ‘USA‘ there are many opportunities available, do not get confused with the location they have given next to the title, all positions are work from home and hence the city you live in doesn’t matter. Go through the list and depending on your time availability you can go with 1 hour / day or even 4 hour / day option. Click on the title and you will be taken to the next page.
- In this page the job description will be given so that you can get a sense of the work you will be doing in case you get selected. You will find all the details about the job in this page, details regarding work schedule, requirements etc.
- The most important one is to have a active facebook account with a certain number of friends, even though Instargam is mentioned it is not so important but I advice you to open and reach the number for instagram as you never know when that may become mandatory. Once you have read all this, if you match their requirements then click on ‘Apply for this job online‘ button.
- On the next page, you will have many options to apply for the job as shown in the image below. I prefer ‘Create Profile & Apply‘ as it will be helpful for applying for any other opportunities in future.
- Once you click on ‘Create profile and Apply‘ you will be taken to the application page, on the first page you will have to fill the Candidate profile. You will have to attach your resume and provide details like Name, address, Username and password for the account to be created, languages known etc. Click on submit profile and in the next page you will have to answer more questions. Read the questions carefully and asnwer them honestly. With this the application is complete and you can submit it, you will get a confirmation mail that your application has been received.
- Depeding on the requirement, you may get a reply from Appen inviting you for the project in 2-14 days. In the new system you can track your application status by logging in to your Appen dashboard. Once you get the invitation to join the project, follow all the instructions and be quick in replying to their emails from that point because they take it very seriously.
- After passing the Qualification, you are officially a social media evaluator and they will allow you to start working. They pay you through DBT or Payoneer, so once you pass the exam make a Payoneer account by clicking the button below(you will get a bonus of $25 on receiving a deposit of $1000 which you will obviously get from Appen)
Note: Please do not create multiple ids and sign up for Payoneer, you will not receive a dime unless you get a deposit of $1000 from another source.
Is Appen a Scam?
I shouldn’t even be responding to this question but I feel that a factual answer is required so that you get sense of what this company is all about. People say that Appen throws people suddenly without notice, It is a fact that the the contract can end at any time because such is the nature of the job and they make it very clear during the signing up process but they do notify you, also you will be paid for the hours worked up to that point.
Here are some facts about Appen
- Appen was founded in 1996
- Appen was publicly listed on Australian Stock exchange in 2013
- Appen was declared as the No.1 company in the world providing work from home opportunities
- And finally i’ll end it with a payment proof, because no one gets bored of Payment proofs !
Being a social media evaluator at Appen is a great opportunity for everyone who is looking for work at home jobs. The nature of the job is simple and also flexible, I highly recommend this to anyone who wants to earn extra money online. They have other positions like ‘search engine evaluator‘ / ‘crowd sourcing‘ etc which you can certainly try later. There are other companies like Appen providing similar opportunities, If you fail here then you can certainly try your luck elsewhere.
With this I end by guide on Appen for the post of Social Media evaluator work from home opportunity, Please make sure you go through my other articles for more work from home opportunities etc. Share the article so that more and more people get empowered to work from Home, Also subscribe so that you can get an email whenever I post about a new earning opportunity. I have many more coming up!
If you have any doubts related to the application process please ask about it in the comments section. You can also contact me for any help you require on this. Happy earning preppers!