How to add money in Paytm wallet
Paytm has become a part of our day to day lives, some use it to pay for their daily commute while some others use to pay their bills. This means that money has to be added to the wallet on a constant basis as this is way of transacting is becoming mainstream. While it is quite easy to add money to the Paytm wallet I am getting a lot of queries where readers ask me how can they add money to their Paytm wallet for free. Let me make it very clear, adding money to the wallet is free by default. There is nothing special you have to do in order to add it for free, If there are websites claiming that there is a special hack to add for free then it is fake. Now let us move on and understand the process of adding money to our Paytm wallet.
Step by step guide to add money to Paytm wallet
- First and foremost make sure you have signed up for Paytm and you have a functional account
- Then login to your Paytm wallet or Paytm app. On the dashboard you will see an option ‘Add money’ as shown in the picture above. Click on that option.
- Next, a screen will appear asking you to enter the amount of money you want to add to your paytm wallet. Please enter the amount promptly and make sure you check it again.
- Once you have entered the amount and clicked on done you will be taken to the next option, here you will have to choose the payment mode. Currently you can add money using your debit card, Net banking, UPI and some Credit cards.
- After choosing the relevant payment option, input all the details like Name, CVV etc and then click on Pay now.
- Once you have added money to your wallet you will a success message as seen in the picture above.
With this simple four step process you can easily add money to your Paytm wallet and it is totally free. You may still have a lot of questions in your mind about adding money and wallet limits, I will address the most common/ frequently asked questions.
Here is a video tutorial which you can refer to if you still have some doubts related to adding money,
Is the money in my Paytm Wallet safe?
- This surely is the first thing that would come up in your mind, what if someone steels your phone! Is your money safe, people can even hack into your account and transfer it to their account. To address all these concerns Paytm now insures the money in your wallet. The best part is that you do not have to pay any added charges towards this insurance, anyone who has balance in their wallet automatically qualifies to be insured by Paytm.
- The insurance amount is upto 20,000 which is more than sufficient in my opinion, It is applicable in case of theft or any unauthorized transactions. If it is a theft make sure you file a complaint and keep a copy of the FIR in place.
- In order to claim the insurance you must notify the Paytm care at paytm.com/care or by calling their Customer Care number +91 9643 979797 within 12 hours. This mandatory and failing to do so may make you illegible for the insurance.
- In case of theft you must provide the FIR details to Paytm within 24 hours
- The genuinity of the claim will be checked and if everything seem to be fine, Paytm will refund the lost money back to your wallet after confirming ownership of your wallet.
- This is great news as this now indicates that our money is safer in paytm wallet than our normal wallets, if someone pick pockets our wallet we all know that it is gone forever as finding the person has never been a successful task
- Follow the above steps when you lost your phone or your wallet has been hacked, this should help you out.
What are the limitations to add money in Paytm Wallet?
- If you are a new user then the limit is capped at 20,000 rupees. Which means that you can add a maximum of 20,000 to your wallet as you are a non-KYC user
- Once you become a Paytm VIP member in other words once you have submitted your KYC documents and upgrade your Paytm wallet, the limit gets raised to 1,00,000!
- With digital transactions being more popular and widely accepted it is better you upgrade your account even though you may not cross 20,000 a month in Paytm
- I have made a detailed post regarding upgrading Paytm Wallet , have a read
This pretty much is the process to add money to your wallet, if you have any specific queries please ask in the comments section. I advice everyone to keep some money in your Paytm wallet because you never know when you you may need it, most of the services now accept Paytm and it can actually save your day when you have no cash. As always, until my next piece stay tuned and kindly share this article if it was useful to you as it may be useful to others also.